Monday, April 16, 2012

Nice Airport to St Tropez

Hi, I%26#39;m going to St Tropez on the 17th September and don%26#39;t have transfer from the airport organised. I looked at taxis and that will cost the earth, but I%26#39;m not sure how else. I looked at trains, but I got a bit confused. I know someone here said there%26#39;s a bus from Nice airport to St Tropez, but you have to change. How much does this cost?



I%26#39;m looking for the cheapest, and if possible, the quickest way to get to st tropez.




|||



Well obviously I am assuming you are not considering renting a car... since it is the most effective way... and a car will come handy in St. Tropez to get from the town to the beaches, that are outside town.





By public transportations:



From Nice Airport: there is a bus that goes to St. Rafael then from there you get on another bus to St. Tropez. Set as a 2 hour trip end to end (ticket one way: Euro 8.5)





alternatively, get from Nice Airport to the Nice Train station, from there you can get the train to St. Rafael and then have to take the bus to St. Tropez (the bus leg of the journey is about 40 km).




|||



For an overview of transport to/from the airport have a look at



www.nice.aeroport.fr/include/default.asp?l=2



%26gt;%26gt; Access and Parking




|||



You are able to take the train from Nice to San Tropez for a very reasonable cost.




|||



NavyDude....





there are no trains to St. Tropez




|||



I have just returned from St. Tropez and what I did is hire a car from Six-T, Terminal 2, towards the far right of all the companies. It is 65 miles to St. Tropez and an easy drive, so I would suggest doing so.



Have fun




|||



if you don%26#39;t feel like renting a use ATS shuttles http://www.a-t-s.net/index.php?id_entity=539





Very reliable and most drivers speak English




|||



helicopter is the way to go...if one can afford it ! Train... forget it, there are no trains going to St Trop.The cheapest may be the bus but it is a pain (I never took it). Your best best is renting a car from Nice...it is cheaper than a taxi!


Good luck




|||



yymca6





Love your sense of humor--just tried ATS site 237 euro! Each way, no less!




|||



Sorry about that. I used their services once again last September while I was in Nice. They charged return somewhere around 35 euros for 2 persons.





Following your post I just checked how much they would charge me when I will be coming to Nice in March 2006 and they quoted 60 euros return for 1 person.





They seem to have doubled their fare. It used to be cheaper than a cab, now it is almost the same as a cab (remember cabs charge for bags and you have to tip them...)





In my case I don%26#39;t save any more but at least I don%26#39;t pay more than a cab. In your case that is something else.



But there is no trains for St-Tropez, only buses. Did you check on the airport%26#39;s website, they have scehdules for most buses leaving the airport and I think you can get a quote on prices.





…aeroport.fr/acces_stationnement_en/plan/def…

No comments:

Post a Comment