Monday, April 16, 2012

Opera Garnier

So far, I have not read anything aout taking a tour of the inside of the Opera House during the day. Is it possible, without attending an opera? This would be in the month of July.




|||



Yes, you can take a tour. I was there in November and the price was 7 euro I believe for admission. I believe this was for a self-guided tour and I don%26#39;t know if they had guides available. Maybe someone else will help. Also, there are very cheap tickets to the ballet. I purchased tickets for 6 euro the day of a popular ballet and I saw the ballet for less than the tour price.




|||



Info here on tours in English as well as self guided entrance





visites.operadeparis.fr/…




|||



I took the ParisWalks Opera tour and it was great! For 10€ I got a 2 1/2 hour guided tour with a group of about 15 people. Our guide Oriel really took us back in time with info about French society and Napoleon III. Well worth the money (7€ for Opera House admission + 10€ for the tour.) Here is their website.





…compuserve.com/homepages/pariswalking/




|||



Thank you all for the information! Very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment