Monday, April 16, 2012

Anyone stayed at Hotel Observatoire Luxembourg in the latin...

Hi! Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the hotel observatoire luxembourg and what they thought of their stay:)




|||



ttt




|||



I have not, but it is near one of my favorite little nieighborhood wine bar/bistros, Le Vin Sobre. And an exception southern style bakery on the rue St Jacques. The %26#39;hood is great!




|||



Thanx:))




|||



Howdy, ik80,





Yes, I have stayed at the Observatoire. It is a nice hotel, with nicely appointed rooms. The street facing rooms have sound proof windows. They serve a very nice buffet breakfast with eggs and sausage, and the typical cereals, ygurts, breads, etc.





I had no complaints.





lasscass




|||



The only drawback might be that there is no nearby metro stop, only the RER-B line.. but bus #38 goes right by, so that gives you 2 options...




|||



Ahh, but the good thing about that, travelnutty, is the RER-B is literally steps from the front door, and just two stops on the RER puts you right at the hub at Notre Dame/St. Michel, which will get you anywhere!



So in essence, the RER is really just like any other metro stop.





lasscass




|||



I%26#39;m just comparing it to, say, Denfert Rochereau, where we stay.



Available transportation within 350 meters of my hotel:



- metro line 4 (north/south)



- metro line 6 (east/west)



- RER-B



- bus #38



- bus #68



- bus #28




|||



15 years ago, I arrived in Paris on a flight from Marseille with only the clothes on my back and a few items (fortunately including my passport and ticket home) in a shoulder bag. The remainder of my luggage had been stolen in Antibbes. This was my first visit to Paris. I arrived at my hotel on Boulevard San Michel to find that events had conspired to make my reservation evaporate and that there were no rooms available. They directed me to the Hotel Observatoire Luxembourg, which was considerably farther down the street, but they did have vacancies. The room, which faced the street, was quite nice, but rather noisy. The staff seemed a bit rude but it could have been me, given the mood that I was in. A year later I did manage to stay at the hotel that had lost my reservation and the irony was that the Hotel Observatoire Luxembourg was much nicer. I haven%26#39;t stayed there again, but I did walk past the place a couple of years ago and it looked like it may have been remodeled and upgraded a bit.




|||



The RER B Port Royal is very convenient, i use it all the time and it is very quick, you get to Châtelet in about five minutes, ten minutes by RER to Gare du NOrd. But note that the location, although nice, is NOT in the Latin quarter which is between the Seine river and the boulevard St Germain, not further up.




|||



I stayed at their other hotel, Relais Saint Jacques, which is a block away. The location is very convenient. It%26#39;s just across the street from the Jardin du Luxembourg. Of course, the hotel faces Blvd. St. Michel which is really noisy as it%26#39;s a main thoroughfare. But you can ask for a room away from the street if the noise is a problem, yet the hotel looked well-maintained with double paned windows. A very handy metro/RER stop is nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment