Monday, April 16, 2012

Anyone know this place?

Do any of y%26#39;all know of Residence Paris XV? The picture also has the name %26quot;Pierre %26amp; __cances%26quot; (flags draping in front of name where the blank is) over the front entrance (I suppose). My dad just joined some travel club and we presumably can stay there for discount rates... Worth checking into? It is in the 15th. Address in the books says:



20 Rue Oradour sur Glane



Paris 75015



Thanks!




|||



go to google.com type in the address you wrote here..


the name of your hotel popped up.. and it%26#39;s wesite..


what EXACTLY do you want to know.. it seems you already have the name and address!!!




|||



go to google.com type in the address you wrote here..


the name of your hotel popped up.. and it%26#39;s wesite..


what EXACTLY do you want to know.. it seems you already have the name and address!!!




|||



Are you yelling at me, tweedy? I just wanted to know if it was good %26quot;in person%26quot; (vs. website %26amp; catalog info/pics) and if the location was decent as a %26quot;base%26quot; location.



I know how to use google maps, btw, but %26quot;the map is not the journey,%26quot; as I read somewhere.



Mike




|||



Well.... it%26#39;s a big, impersonal-looking hotel that is situated right on the Peripherique, not a %26#39;charming%26#39; Parisian location and not very convenient for sightseeing. It%26#39;s about 700 meters (almost 1/2 mile) from the Porte de Versailles metro stop. Someone who is attending a convention at the exhibition hall might stay there.





What are the other choices this club offers for Paris?




|||



ok, thanks tn. there aren%26#39;t many in paris, and I figured this was the most likely. (They have %26quot;check-in%26quot; days, and most are on Sat, which is not when we were planning to get there.) The others are the Metropole Opera at 2 Rue de Gramont, 75002 (this might be the other option, but again, the Sat. thing...); and 2 others in Noisy and Plessis-Trevise (Paris)... are these suburbs or something? Anyway, just checking out what might be an option, but not sure if they will work vs. the small studio apt. we were thinking of for the week.




|||



The location 75002 means the 2nd district which is very central. Forget about the rue Oradour sur Glane, ugly and behind the Porte de Versailles exhibition center, nothing interesting and far from the sightseeing. The full name is Pierre et Vacances, a very reknowned company, but i never used their services.




|||



thanks raphy. yeah, I%26#39;m just not getting a warm fuzzy feeling about these places... think we%26#39;ll stick with the more intimate streetside studios we%26#39;er finding in 3rd, 5th, 6th. All of these seem a little upper-crusty, impersonal, and expensive.




|||



No I was not yelling at you... I wanted to answer your question but wasn%26#39;t sure what the question was.



I use to live in Paris and know the city very well.



I just didn%26#39;t really know what you wanted to know..



Just because caps are used in an email .. does not always mean that they are yelling at you.. It can also mean that they are emphasising something.. In my previous email I was emphasising the word exactly .. so you would understand what my question was.. good luck.




|||



Gr8...I%26#39;d not stay anywhere



near rue Orador sur Glane..



do you know of the town?



You%26#39;re better of in a more



central location.




|||



ok, thanks mineau. I don%26#39;t think I%26#39;ll go down the road of these %26quot;club%26quot; places, at least in Paris. I%26#39;ll stick to what we had originally planned. Still don%26#39;t know the price %26quot;discounts%26quot; involved, but one in London is in Mayfair, more central than the discount place we%26#39;re staying, so if a week is $200 I may just go for that!! lol (That is what they are at Puerta Villarta, Mexico, but still waiting for the prices for these.)



Tweedy, ok, and it was more the %26quot;!!!%26quot; at the end of the sentence (combined with the caps, to be sure) which gave me that impression. Thanks for your help.



Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment