Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bercy Village

We are leaving tomorrow for our first trip to Paris. We are staying at the Kyriad Bercy Village. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas on the Bercy area? Would love to know if there is much dining/shopping down in this part of the town. We have decided to stay near the hotel the first day. THANKS SO MUCH!




|||



Bercy village is a little bit out of the tourist path but line 14 on the metro will bring you where you want to go.



Cours St Emilion near by has a lot of restaurants, cafes, movies, and shops.



My favorite restaurant is Chai 33. Make sure you take a visit to the wine cellar.




|||



That is an area that is being developed with modern updates, not really a %26#39;charming/quaint%26#39; neighborhood. It has a mall, big cinema, a park, the strip with the cafes and shops...





Perhaps if you do a forum search using %26quot;bercy%26quot; you will find the experiences of others, and also read any reviews about hotels located in Bercy, as those customers will surely mention the surroundings and transport.




|||



THanks! That already helps! I see the Metro has a stop two blocks from the hotel we are staying. Thanks again!




|||



I second the photographer about %26quot;Chai 33%26quot; restaurant and their wine cellar.



Do not miss %26quot;Coté maison%26quot; and %26quot;olivier and co%26quot; shops (all in the same strip). You can find nice things for your home and for your friends.




|||



On the week-ends many parisians go there. I love the Musée des arts forains, they only take groups normally but maybe you can try to see if they could fit you in another group. The line 14 is very quick, reliable (no driver, sit at the front) so no strikes on this line!! It is not central, but with the metro you get to Madeleine in about 10 minutes!!




|||



I am also going to the Kyriad Bercy Hotel for my first time trip to Paris. I booked it after much agonising and conflicting advice from loads of helpful people. I dont really care that its 10 mins by Metro from the centre of Paris. Its hardly miles is it !!



I hope you have a wonderful time and would love to hear all about it on your return. ( Warts and all ).



My daughter ( age 12 )is counting the days....




|||



I am also going to the Kyriad Bercy Hotel for my first time trip to Paris. I booked it after much agonising and conflicting advice from loads of helpful people. I dont really care that its 10 mins by Metro from the centre of Paris. Its hardly miles is it !!





I hope you have a wonderful time and would love to hear all about it on your return. ( Warts and all ).





My daughter ( age 12 )is counting the days....




|||



If you are a good walker you can go from Bercy to Gare de Lyon to Bastille and Marais to Notre Dame, and to Louvre if you keep going. Paris center is very compact, I tend to walk one way and take bus/metro the other way.




|||



I%26#39;d like to do lots of walking rather than take a Metro.





How long would it take to walk to Louvre ? Do you see lots on the way ?





What direction ? I could get lost in my own home !!





Thank you for any help.




|||



Several blocks north of Bercy Village (at Jardin de Reuilly) you can pick up the Prominade plantée, a railway viaduct that has been converted to a long city park. It will take you north, ending at the Opera Bastille. Great views and very pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment