Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dress code eating

What is the dress code in most restaurants in Paris?





For instance of a night after touring the eiffel tower and we wanted to go for something to eat, what would the dress code need to be?





No jeans etc?




|||



Do a search in the box to the upper right of the page of the word %26quot;dress%26quot; and you can read similar questions. They should help. Have fun!




|||



Unless you are heading to a Michelin starred establishment, jeans are fine. Even in a dressier place, jeans with a nice top is no problem.




|||



Nice jeans, not ripped/faded/patched type jeans. My husband wears solid-color golf/polo shirts, and a casual jacket. I wear black jeans, nice top, jacket if cool temps, scarf. We wear dark-colored shoes as well. We stick with corner cafes and small bistros, but nothing expensive/fancy.




|||



I%26#39;m not trying to be argumentative, and phread certainly knows the territory better than I, but...





I was in Paris last in November and dined in the evening (at 8:30 PM most nights) at very nice restaurants (but not Michelin stars) and I saw no one, man or woman, wearing jeans. I am a man and I wore dark slacks (black or dark grey), a black sports coat and a nice shirt with collar (no tie) every evening and I felt perfectly comfortable no matter where we went.





I think you are always safer if you are dressing more up than down.




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Nice jeans, not ripped/faded/patched type jeans%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





You will certainly see jeans worn in local Parisian restaurants....but NOT the sort of %26#39;relaxed fit--wide-seat...just stopped off on my way home from running errands...and too dam lazy to bother%26#39; jeans often seen elsewhere. Women in well-fitting jeans--and the figures to carry them off the%26#39;look%26#39; (usually accessorized with a tall heel and pointy-toe and smart top)--are much better than men at this. ALL jeans (and the figures they adorn) are NOT equal.




|||



Don%26#39;t wear %26quot;Mom%26quot; jeans, hahaha. Did you see that skit on Saturday Night Live?

No comments:

Post a Comment