Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hotel du Danube

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel du Danube? One block off the Seine near Saint Peres street and Saint Germain des pres Church? Can you share your experience there in that location. Was it touristy? crowded? noisy? Clean? I will be going to Paris next month and have researched tons of hotels near the Seine. Merci!




|||



Lots of people have shared their experiences here





tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d194279…




|||



try tin he Hotel Mansart in the rue des Capucines, near the Ritz. Clean , ok , near all sites, 150€. really the best hotel the city for this value.



www. espritdefrance.com




|||



Hi Maritess88, yes, I stayed at Hotel du Danube in 2004. While many have enjoyed staying at this hotel I thoroughly hated it. The bad feeling began when I checked in and the clerk-to put it gently-acted as though she were doing me a favor. It was like this during my entire two night stay as the same girl was on duty for the daytime and part of the evening.





I reserved a 2 room %26#39;apartment%26#39; which was horribly decorated and cramped. My photos are the last two on the bottom of the group of photos posted on the TA site.





tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d194279…





My review is entitled %26#39;Okay hotel%26#39;.





tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187147-d194…





The location is great as it%26#39;s on rue Jacob. You can%26#39;t get more central to St. Germain than this. Up the street at the corner of rue Bonaparte there is another branch of heavenly Laduree. Rue de Buci is up some and Debauve et Gallais, one of my favorite chocolatiers, is across the street at rue de Saints Peres. Other than location I personally do not recommend this hotel, sorry.




|||



I have stayed at hotel du Danube many times years ago before I relocated in Paris.



The twin rooms were fine, a little larger that most Parisian hotels, with enough space for a desk, chair and tv.



It is a great location on rue Jacob. When I walk by the hotel now I notice that the decor in the lobby is still the same as it used to be which may indicate that they have not renovated much.



I do not remember any problem with the front desk.



I just love that street (it is a one way street that is pretty quiet at night) and Danube was in my budget so I kept on returning there. Hotel d%26#39;Angleterre next door and hotel Millesime up the street are nicer but more money.




|||



Not many people have reported problems with the front desk staff at the Danube. However, as I reported, I had problems. And I see a few others posted on TA that they, too, experienced problems with the staff as well. It must be that we were just unlucky to have had that misfortune.





In addition, I did stay at the d%26#39;Angleterre a few doors away from the Danube. This was in 2002. Our room was a deluxe double and at that time there was no inclusive buffet breakfast. The cost of the room was highly expensive at 240 euro. While that room overlooked the courtyard, had electric shades, was spacious, and had a nice retro bathroom sink and separate toilet stall, the room and bathtub needed maintenance (e.g. peeling paint, wobbly faucet, and badly done caulking around the tub). I did prefer the d%26#39;Angleterre to the Danube on the whole however.





My report that was posted here at TA is entitled %26#39;A highly overrated hotel%26#39;.





tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187147-d194…

No comments:

Post a Comment