Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thinking of staying Near "Backgamon" a bar in the 9 th

I have found an apt next to the bar named %26quot;Backgamon%26quot; .





It is supposed to be between the Opera and the Montmarte area but I have no street names. They stated that closet metro is Grande Boulevard #8 and 9 or a walk ( how far?) to Bourse for a bus





Does anyone know of this location? is it convient?



Is it an ok area for a woman alone walking at night? They stated that there is activity in the evening and night life close ( I hope not red light area?).





Is it near Pigallie or the seedy area of Montmarte?





I wrote for street address but until then maybe someone can help me. Thank you.




|||



This looks like the bar, %26quot;Le Backgammon%26quot;:





francerugby.fr/bonneadresse/…backgammon.php3





The address is:





27 rue du Faubourg Montmartre - 75009





Looks like it%26#39;s not far from the Musée Grévin, a wax museum.





Maybe one of our Paris experts knows the area?




|||



Here%26#39;s a photo of the building where the bar is located:





www.wanadoo.fr/bin/frame2.cgi…





You can use the arrows to view the buildings next and across from the bar.





The bar sounds fun -- but could be noisy in the apartment. Can you contact other people who have stayed there?




|||



Opps... you%26#39;ll have to put in the number (27) and the name of the rue (Faubourg Montmartre) to see the photos.




|||



I could not bring up the last web site how or where do you put the address on the web address? Could not bring up the second web site that you gave. Thanks for the info.





The apt has glazed windows for sound and one has to go into a door then into a passage way to approach the door of the apt. It is on the ground floor.




|||



Strange... I just cut and pasted both links and they both worked.





For the photos:





Go to www.wanadoo.fr





On the left, scroll down, and under %26quot;Trouver,%26quot; click on %26quot;Photos de ville%26quot;





In the box after %26quot;No%26quot; type in the address (27)





In the box after %26quot;Rue%26quot; type in %26quot;Faubourg Montmartre%26quot;





A map and a photo of the building will come up. You can use the arrows to see buildings nearby and see the street.





In the box after %26quot;Ville%26quot; type in %26quot;Paris%26quot;





Tell me if this works!




|||



I could reach the first web site The second web address I can not get and the third one comes up that the server can not get this address and then %26quot;Explorer crashes my computer.. I will have to try the third web site one later. Thanks for the web sites. If I can not get them from my server I will go to my daughters and try them. Thanks again!




|||



Thank you I finally was allowed on by my server.

No comments:

Post a Comment