Saturday, April 21, 2012

Versailles in February?

My boyfriend and I will be going to Paris in February. I have been there a few times; it will be his first visit. I was thinking of taking a day trip to Versailles, but is it even worth it to go this time of year?





Thank you for any advice.




|||



They have just completed the renovations of half of the Hall of Mirrors, so that should be pretty spectacular and for the most part the chateau is about the interior, so the time of year won%26#39;t matter.



If you are into gardens, nothing will be in bloom, but the draped statuary can make for some dramatic fotos.




|||



Versailles is worth visiting anytime of year.




|||



I thoroughly enjoyed Versailles. I took a day trip there with ParisVision, and the tour guide was very good. It is a beautiful palace, and makes me a bit sad to consider the unfortunate fate of the last family to live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment