Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lodging for 7 June 23-Jul 3 ??

We are traveling as a family and I am finding it difficult to find lodging for these dates (I know most Parisians leave in August, but we need to travel in June).



Any ideas??



The mix: one 2 year old, 3 teenagers, one senior citizen, and two 40 something(parents of the 2 year old).



Many thanks in advance!




|||



Do you have preferences to area and how much are you looking at spending per night?




|||



We need some more information to really be of much service. Some kind of budget is essential. The Citadines Apartment hotels can be a good option for families, especially when travelign with younger children.



I often recommmend the Hotel Lindbergh to friends and family. It is a reasonable little two star in the St Germain des Pres neighborhood, that I find to be nicer than many three stars we have used. The teens could share a triple and then you could get two doubles, or a double with cot and a single. The staff is very helpful and as they cater mostly to a French clientele, they are likely to have availability in June.



http://www.hotellindbergh.com/




|||



Hi there and thanks for your replies. We are budgeting at the most 600USD per night (for all the rooms). As for the area, I don%26#39;t know Paris that well but I have heard that the 11th is interesting. I%26#39;d say being in the Latin Quarter would be a bit much for the baby and grandma. ?





The other thing that would be great is to have a kitchen. I looked at les Citadines but haven%26#39;t spent enough time to really know what they have (it was late!).





Thanks again.




|||



I would take a look into Pierre et Vacances. www.pierreetvacances.com





They have kitchenettes in each room...and you can have up to four people in a room. There are a few on the outskirts of Paris and one in Montmartre. They are basically little apartments. I had a fabulous time staying in one with my friends...and it was nice to have a place to cook.




|||



Have you considered renting an apartment? We did last summer during the same time frame that you are going this year. It was great. I wanted to rent the one that I am refering you to but 1/2 of our party backed out at the last minute so this was to big for 3 of us.





www.parisapartmentsearch.com/site/detail.php…





Let me know if you would like some other apartment refernces. Good luck and have a great trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment