Thursday, April 19, 2012

Airline Flights

Hey All--



I have been scouring for tix to Paris for my April 2006 and wanted to know if anyone has seen any specials. The prices I%26#39;m getting are essentially $800-900 rt from AZ. I%26#39;ll pay that, but was hoping to get something in the $600-700 range if at ALL possible!




|||



Hello. I was just searching on Mobissimo.com, which is where I found my flight out of Phoenix for March. You are right....flights in April are running $804 and change. However, if you left the end of March (I used the 29th as a departure date and April 11th as a return) and stayed on into April the rate drops to $558. That%26#39;s quite a difference!



I paid $535 for a round trip from Phoenix March 1-10. I do have a layover in Dallas, but it%26#39;s a quick one, only 2 hours.




|||



Thanks thatgirldina --



I appreciate that, I%26#39;ve looked at that site too. The only problem (it appears) is that I%26#39;m just going to have to suck it up and pay more. I%26#39;m going to specifically be in Paris on my birthday on the 26th :(



Oh well, I%26#39;ll keep trying, but I%26#39;ll need wait another couple of weeks and see if anything changes at the end of Jan or first of Feb. If not, I%26#39;ll be a little nervous if I don%26#39;t have my tix by then.





I%26#39;ll keep searching until then.........




|||



Are you registrered with any of the on-line sites for the airlines or travel services for e-mail fare alerts?? TRAVELOCITY, ORBITZ, HOT WIRE, HO FARES, CHEAP SEATS, etc???




|||



My wife and I have had good luck with:



http://www.travelzoo.com



They have a top 20 each week, and that is how we went to Paris over the New Year. $1600 for the Flight and Hotel for 7 days, 6 nights.



Great deals to be had there.




|||



KDKSail == I belong to a couple of those sites, but I guess I should just sign up for all of them; especially if it will save me a couple hundred bucks.


Pantone Jeff - $1600 for two people 7 days/6 nights is a great deal.


I%26#39;m open to all suggestions and will be signing up for all of these alerts!


Thanks everyone!




|||



I would try a couple of travel agents via phone calls. I got my tickets from Seattle cheaper from them than thru the internet.





I also tried Destination Europe for a price by phone.





I have been trying for months on the internet and got it cheaper thru a travel agent! Surprise!




|||



The main thing a travel agent can do that you can%26#39;t is get the ticket for you through a consolidator. These are seats purchased in bulk or contracted through the airlines in a type of group rate. Always compare the rate you get from a travel agent via a consolidator directly to what it would cost to go through the airline. It is sometimes cheaper, but not always depending on airline sales, etc. Also, there is a commission the agent attaches to the ticket and it varies by agency, so you may need to shop around! I have used consolidators and I used one for my trip on March 22. At the time I was looking I was actually checking April rates too. While direct with airlines from Atlanta was $700 and up, I found a ticket with American with a consolidator for under $600. A couple reputable companies to ask for is DER (division of RailEurope and Sky Bird). Good Luck!




|||



I meant Sky Bird to be a different company!




|||



there%26#39;s another thread that travelzoo just had a news flash. NYC to Paris in the $160 range for travel thru March 31 plus taxes of $85. If you could bump up your trip a bit you%26#39;d only need to make the AZ to NYC connection. Might only break even but it%26#39;s worth looking at. It%26#39;s the thread titled %26quot;Air France Sale NY to ....%26quot;



travelzoo rocks. That%26#39;s how I booked my trip two weeks (two weeks already???) ago.




|||



Thanks everyone so much. I appreciate all of the input.



I have thought about contacting a travel agent --- I guess I may do that. Also, a couple of the sites I registered on today indicated that oftentimes you can get less expensive rates 60 days or less from your date of travel.



Regardless, I%26#39;m going! I have to see La Tour Eiffel :0

No comments:

Post a Comment