Thursday, April 12, 2012

Chamonix Weddings

Thinking of a small March Wedding in Chamonix. I have been to Chamonix a lot so know the town well.



Not having a great deal of luck with planing/getting prices etc.



Can anyone help on this? Thanks




|||



I%26#39;m also trying to plan a wedding in Chamonix next September. I%26#39;ve found a few good websites which I thought might interest you. I%26#39;m also interested to hear what you%26#39;ve found so far... thanks.



http://www.chamonet.com/



http://www.chamonixhotels.com/en/wedding.html




|||



Whay don%26#39;t you get married in Megeve or Courchevel ? Much more romantic than Chamonix and they are used to foreign people weddings.




|||



FAO - AmericanGirl4. I have just seen your reply to my message! Thanks so Much! I have sent an email to the 2nd site u sent me asking for them to contact me. I tried replying to your message but couldn%26#39;t see you email address anywhere. Hope your wedding plans are going well !!





Thanks so much ! Nina




|||



FAO AnneParis - Thanks for your msg. I do like the surrounding area but I really love Chamonix and it will also mean that people that cannot or do not ski/board will have heaps to do.





Many Thx



Nina




|||



Get in touch with the Mairie. Usually you need to have a local address to have permission to get married in Chamonix. You need to have a ceremony at the town hall for the legal wedding then you can get a blessing in the local church.




|||



just done it, absolutely loved it but would strongly advise getting married civilly at home (UK?) and then perhaps having a ceremony here afterwards as tons of paperwork, medical tests, trips to the town hall, translators, embassies etc. You also need to have an address here in order to do that.


March is also high season so may be a bit difficult to get a venue, better in the off season - may/june/Sep/oct when the restaurants/hotels can take better care of you and quite often venues won%26#39;t do it in high season.


If you can plan it around all that, I would really recommend it but not if you are not based here at least part of the year.


Good luck!




|||



Thanks for all your replies. We have planned the wedding now in Lake Louise, Canada. It%26#39;s sooo much easier than most places in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment