Thursday, April 12, 2012

Paris in March

I am planning a trip to Paris in March. What kind of weather can I expect? Are most of the major attractions open?




|||



Weather will still be cool to cold. Take a warm coat/jacket and maybe a scarf. Rainy as well so an umbrella or raincoat.Most of the attractions will be open, except Giverny but this is outside Paris anyway. Shouldn%26#39;t be crowded.




|||



This is a great website to look at weather history for Paris on the dates you plan to travel:





wunderground.com/global/stations/07149.html




|||



March can be nice and spring like or you can have rain for several days in a row. I have seen both but the past few years (global warming?) have been quite nice in March.




|||



I made two trips to Paris in March, 1994 and 1996, taking advantage of low-season rates. Weather was astonishing good in %26#39;94 - warm, sunny, flower had started to bloom -- overall appeared 6-8 weeks ahead of NYC, which was still immersed in winter. In %26#39;96 the temps were a little cooler, days a bit more overcast, but I don%26#39;t recall any particular precipitation, and it was comfortable enought to sit outside for a drink or cafe. Had the same impression that the season was way ahead of NY. Maybe I was just lucky.




|||



I was in Paris March %26#39;00 and had the worst weather possible (though it beats Chicago any day of the year).





I was also in Paris March %26#39;05 and had the most perfect spring weather, I even came back with a slight tan.





You just never know.





Be sure to pack an umbrella. Or buying one in Paris makes for a nice souvenir.





Lucky moi, I%26#39;ll be in Paris again this March and I%26#39;ll be sure to pack my umbrella, gloves, scarf, leather jacket, sunglasses, and sunscreen moisturizer.




|||



Hello foxriver,





We were in Paris last March....first two weeks were very wintery.......snow and very cold.......Then the second two weeks were Spring like, even warm. In 98 we had cold, rain, snow flurries, the whole month. Then in 99 it was quite warm (even hot) for a week or so then went back to cold and rainy.....Will be there myself starting in late Feb and hope it will be mild.





It%26#39;s like playing a slot machine.........You just hope for the best.......





Maybe we will be lucky.....

No comments:

Post a Comment