Thursday, April 12, 2012

Where to go from Paris?

My husband and I are going to Europe for 2 weeks towards the end of April/beginning of May and we definately want to spend about 5 days in Paris. The only thing is we are having trouble figuring out where to go after Paris. We have both already been to Italy so we%26#39;d like to go somewhere new.



Any suggestions???




|||



Nice is nice. =;) You can fly or take the train and explore south of France when it%26#39;s not incredibly busy. Should be beautiful at that time of year. Rent a car at Nice airport and explore.





Or...the Loire valley. Or.....other parts of Provence. What do you like?




|||



Spain is a beautifull country.





London is also another good alternative.




|||



You could easily spend the entire two weeks in Paris with perhaps a couple daytrips i.e. Versailles.





But if you must leave Paris then I would vote for London. It is an easy and relatively quick ride on the Eurostar.




|||



I love the Catalone region of Spain. Great food, lots of energy and fantastic weather.




|||



I agree that if you have not been to Paris you might want to consider more time there. If you are like most and want to see the major tourist attractions, this is going to take up at least 5 days and you will have little time to savor the hidden delights of Paris. Walking the charming neighborhoods and just sitting leisurely in cafes and enjoying the nightlife and then sleeping in, etc.





I went on my second extended trip to Paris in November for 10 days and thought for sure I would be going to Versailles and possibly another side trip. I did not want to leave Paris, and so I didn%26#39;t! I am going back in March! So, I might recommend that you use Paris as a home base for a longer period and take some side trips from Paris, but leave those as options and don%26#39;t book them ahead of time. You could easily book the chunnel to London as an extended side trip from Paris in that two weeks for a few days too! That you might need to book ahead of time. Or, as a second option you could do the French riviera for a few days. With these side trips, you will easily utilize your time well and enjoy an itinerary that is not too rushed!

No comments:

Post a Comment