Tuesday, April 17, 2012

cabaret shows

I%26#39;m taking my husband to Paris as a surprise at the weekend, and he has never been before, so I%26#39;d like to go to one of the cabaret shows. Can anyone tell me which one is the best? I%26#39;ve heard that the Moulin Rouge is very cramped, and I realise that it%26#39;s very touristy, but is it the best one to go to for the %26#39;genuine article%26#39;? I%26#39;m also considering Le Lido and and the Crazy Horse.



Also, have you any thoughts on whether it would be better to eat at the cabaret or whether the vertigo restaurant in the eiffel tower is any good? Again, I realise that both will be fairly touristy, and won%26#39;t be %26#39;fine cuisine%26#39;, but don%26#39;t mind this for one night just for the experience!



Any comments would be gratefully received.




|||



although I am not at all a fan of the cabaret shows, I can offer you what I know:





First you definitely should eat elsewhere. The food at the shows is overpriced and really not very good.





Second, of the three shows the Moulin Rouge tends to be the least %26quot;risque%26quot;. I%26#39;d say the Crazy HOrse is the most, with the Lido in second.





Les




|||



Frankly, the Moulin Rouge is no more touristy than the Lido and i think it is better, in the Moulin Rouge you have the can can dancing, and the cabaret has more history to it (Toulouse Lautrec). I have never been to the Crazy Horse but i know it is more topless than the other two, also i don%26#39;t think there is magic and stuff in between the dance shows, unlike the other two.




|||



I saw the Moulin Rouge. It was fun, although I don%26#39;t recommend cabaret shows for anyone looking for the %26#39;genuine article%26#39;. The shows are actually of good quality, but they are similar to Las Vegas reviews. I did not have the food and had a seat up close to the bar in the back. I was sandwiched in close to the railing and someone below me was smoking. The smoke was unbearable. So, maybe in order to get a better seat, the meal plan might not be a bad idea. I know the food is not really worth the money, but I have heard it is pretty good- maybe not of the best value though. But, if you go in knowing exactly what to expect, you will have a good time!




|||



Vertigo is not a restaurant on the Eiffel Tower.



The two restaurants are:



Altitude 95, a bistro on the first floor



Jules Verne: a Michelin starred restaurant on the second floor



Personally I%26#39;d see the show and dine elsewhere, but I am something of a brat.




|||



oops I meant altitude 92 - vertigo 42 is the restaurant in the natwest tower in london, i am easily confused!





thanks for all your comments, they%26#39;re really helpful





fi



x




|||



grrrrrrrrr! altitude 95! not 92! my typing and brain are definitely not connected today!




|||



I%26#39;d like to add the %26quot;Paradis Latin%26quot; it is far from being as traditional as Lido/Moulin/crazy but cheaper in a location that is good for having a drink afterwards: the latin quarter. Also it is more easy going than the others and the show is quite funny. Price for 1 person WITH dinner is 110 Euros. Compared a single show at moulin rouge runs about 85 Euros.



Between Moulin Rouge and Lido the difference is that the Lido show is better done, more artistical in my opinion, the moulin rouge is more traditional and you%26#39;ll see the CAN CAN.



The crazy horse is more for nudity as Raphy said.



Ask your concierge for opinions and for reservations he%26#39;ll be glad to give you more informations.

No comments:

Post a Comment