Monday, April 16, 2012

Gare du Nord to Hotel

Sorry folks you probably get sick of the same questions. But I need some serious help in knowing how to get from Gare du Nord to our hotel in the 7th. With each 4 of us having our own piece of luggage a the Metro is probably out of the question. I hear you cannot cram 4 people into a taxi.





Would appreciate some suggestions. Merci!




|||



YOu will have to take 2 taxis. It%26#39;s really your only solution.





Les




|||



I travelled from the airport to my hotel last year. both my husband and I had large rolling cases and a back pack or carry on bag. It was not as difficult as I thought it could be. Just be ready to move quickly in the metro and work as a team to get through any turnstiles and be courteous if people are trying to pass. I saw others travelling the same way. If you are unable to carry your largest bag up or down stairs then you can not do this. However, if you can manage to carry luggage it is a real cheap and fast way to get around. I also reccomend that you not travel this way during rush hour.




|||



Wow, Don%26#39;t know if my wife will be into two taxis. When exactly is rush hour? We%26#39;re talking July here, so that would be tourist season as well would it not? Thanks for your help. Lot%26#39;s to think about!




|||



My husband and I are heading to Paris in March. I found the following web site and plan to use them. It%26#39;s the best rates I%26#39;ve found and the most convienant.





simply-paris.com/Airport_Shuttle_Service_Par…




|||



You can simply take a TAXI PARISIEN from the regular taxi rank outside of the station...but with four(4) adults and luggage, most standard sedan-type taxis will probably be too crowded for your party....so you may have to wait a few minutes for a mini-van type taxi. You do not necessarily have to take two separate taxis. There will be a 2,70 €uro surcharge for the fourth passenger and ,90 €uro per bag--over and above the metered fare. The meter %26#39;drop%26#39; when you get in should be 2 €uro.




|||



KD ~%26gt; Do you have to call the minvan taxi specially or do they have someone there to assist?





I guess one of the good ideas about prebooking a shuttle service would be that it would be there for you. A %26amp; J do they wait for you in a particular location?




|||



That is true, you could wait for a minivan taxi to come around. But you have to wait in line for a taxi....





I%26#39;ve done two taxis w/ 4 people before, it%26#39;s not a big deal really....





I think that shuttle is only for the airport. I may be wrong, though.





I really recommend you don%26#39;t take the metro in July during rush hour with suitcases. What a nightmare. Especially if it%26#39;s hot. Such a nightmare.





Les




|||



Les ~%26gt; After that posting that prin had about being robbed 2x in 72 hours it makes me a bit nervous. Were the two taxis costly?




|||



I think that we paid about 10 - 15 euros per taxi from the gare de lyon to the 7th, if I remember. It was worth it. I%26#39;ve done every kind of transportation with luggage. I will never do metro again! The taxi is money well spent, in my opinion.



Like KDK said, you can wait for a minivan one (but I suppose you%26#39;d be sitting there letting people go ahead of you as you wait), and if you are waiting too long go ahead and get two taxis. There are a good number of the minivan type in Paris now.





Don%26#39;t worry about being robbed. You%26#39;ll have a great time!





Les




|||



The best choice is simply a taxi as others have suggested. Either wait for a larger one or grab two. I don%26#39;t think Prins post was true quite frankly and if it was they were the most insanely unluckly people I have ever heard of .

No comments:

Post a Comment