Monday, April 16, 2012

Welcome Hotel - any experiences ?

Is anyone familiar with the Welcome Hotel (other than the ones who already have inserted their reviews) ? The location and the prices are very attractive - but I should like to learn more.




|||



Probably not the exact reply you were looking for, but my friends have booked a stay at the Welcome. Before I did, I checked it out extensively (too many European horror stories to not check a place out first!). Welcome Hotel really sounds fantastic. I had asked on the forum if anyone knew about it. I got several replies from %26quot;local experts%26quot;. It%26#39;s at the intersection of several active, upbeat streets in a great neighborhood (great restaurants, bars, places with live music). There%26#39;s a great bakery a few doors down and unique cafe across the street. The area and hotel are supposed to really cater to those in their mid20s to mid30s. If you can get the %26quot;penthouse%26quot; suite, you should really do so. Also, if you speak French well, you should try to call them and make the reservation over the phone--you can get a better deal.



It fit all the criteria for my friends and I%26#39;s stay....hope it works out for you.




|||



%26quot;...It%26#39;s at the intersection of several active, upbeat streets in a great neighborhood (great restaurants, bars, places with live music)....%26quot;





This is %26quot;real-estate speak%26quot; for NOISY. :)





(spoken by old fogey who likes to sleep at night)




|||



Haha..you might note where I%26#39;m from (New Orleans)--noise really isn%26#39;t an issue for me. But the %26quot;fogey%26quot; has a point. We (my friends and I) particularly selected this hotel because of it%26#39;s %26quot;busy%26quot; location. We don%26#39;t like to be bored, and, as for the noise--ear plugs. A miraculous invention!!





Probably, if you%26#39;re not into the %26quot;active%26quot; scene, ya might want to choose another hotel. But, then again, I haven%26#39;t been there yet, just going on what others have told me. And, on the hotel%26#39;s defense, there weren%26#39;t that may notations of excessive noise.




|||



Thanks for your reply ! I%26#39;am not so worried about the noise destroying my sleep - a few bottles of redwine before bedtime might do the trick...

No comments:

Post a Comment