Monday, April 16, 2012

Hotel for single woman traveler

Hello,



I%26#39;m traveling to Paris with my parents June 30-July 3, and then I%26#39;ll be there on my own from July 3-6. We had made reservations at Hotel Langlois for a suite for the nights we%26#39;ll be together and then a single room for me the rest of the time. BUT, we%26#39;ve just been reading some recent reviews of the Langlois that have us a bit concerned about its cleanliness, the neighborhood and the unfriendliness of the staff.





For me, being on my own, the most important thing is a welcoming place to return at night and a helpful staff to give me information, and a safe and interesting neighborhood in which to hang out. Do you have recommendations for other hotels that would be appropriate for both the time I%26#39;ll be with my parents (ideally in a suite type situation that would sleep the three of us comfortably, or in two rooms) and the time I%26#39;ll be on my own. I%26#39;m hoping for something in the $100-150 range, but can go a little higher for an excellent experience. Or any thoughts on the recent bad reviews of the Langlois? We had booked it because of all the positive reviews in the past. Thanks!




|||



I read positive things about the Langlois, but if you wish to stay where sights are within walking distance, I suggest staying anywhere in the 4th through 6th districts. Try Hotel Abbatial St. Germain and Relais Saint Jacques in the 5th, both hotels that I%26#39;ve stayed at and recommend.



In the 6th I recommend the Millesime or Hotel des Saints Peres. I%26#39;ve not stayed at either of these places, but they appeal to me in terms of location and room quality. Another 6th district hotel I%26#39;ve stayed at is the Verneuil, but the elevator begins one flight up from the lobby and it may or may not be a problem for you and your parents. Otherwise, their deluxe double rooms are great.




|||



As to the 4th district, I%26#39;ve stayed at the Hotel de Lutece on the Ile St. Louis, a very very favorable location. I recommend the hotel highly; it%26#39;s not luxurious, just simple but has everything one needs.




|||



I absolutely love the Hotel Vieux Marais - not fancy, but family-run with a great, small staff in a wonderful neighborhood and location. They also have Leelou the hotel dog ; ) paris-hotel-vieux-marais.com/English/Framese… They are helpful, speak English and are very welcoming. The Marais is a fun, quirky neighborhood with cool stores, good restaurants and bars. I usually go with my husband, but have gone out on my own during our trips and feel totally comfortable there. The hotel is only a couple blocks from the main metro line near the Hotel de Ville and a few blocks from Isle St. Louis - Berthillon ice cream :)




|||



I can highly recommend these 3* hotels in the 6th.





Le Regent





Millesime





BW Hotel Premier Left Bank St Germain.







Whichever hotel you book, make sure it has A/C.

No comments:

Post a Comment