Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hotel Parc Saint Severin 22 Rue de la Parcheminerie

My husband and I are visiting Paris in the spring and have decided on the Hotel Parc Saint Severin. It is my second trip to Paris and my husband%26#39;s first. One posting on the trip advisor hotel site recommends paying the extra price for the penthouse on the top floor-I believe he called it room 701. The description he gave is that the terrace is private, but it is hard to tell from the photos. Has anyone else stayed there who can compare the room size and amentities and tell me if it is a private terrace? The price is much more and we would like to be making a more informed decision. Thanks




|||



I haven%26#39;t stayed there, but I read comments from someone else who stayed in that terraced room. Yes, it%26#39;s private and it%26#39;s a wraparound terrace. And, yes, it surely is very expensive, but from what I hear it%26#39;s worth it. But if the weather is bad you will not get to fully enjoy it.




|||



Thank you for the reply. Can any other Paris expert add to the information about the hotel???




|||



The walk-out terrace of the %26#39;penthouse suite%26#39; is indeed private---above the lower floor shared walk-out terrace. This wrap-around terrace is open all the way %26#39;round and has furniture and planters to try to define individual room %26#39;..spaces..%26#39;---but no barriers. The views of the roof-tops and skyline of Paris are spectacular.





I%26#39;m not sure if you%26#39;ve seen these photos but, check %26#39;em out. I don%26#39;t recall any photos shown of the %26#39;penthouse suite%26#39;....but some of the others may give you a better idea of room amenities and shared-terrace views--





www.parisby.com/severin/pages/gallery.htm




|||



Thank you KDKSAIL and Paris 1204 for your replies. I will certainly check out the pictures on parisby and appreciate the suggestion. The top floor and terrace sound wonderful-if we decide to spend the extra $$I%26#39;m sure it will be worth it. We have not scheduled our week-we don%26#39;t want to be on a %26quot;treadmill%26quot; vacation, so we can spend some mornings and evenings enjoying the terrace and views-let%26#39;s hope for good weather. We look forward to exploring the neighborhood for yummy bakeries and restaurants and seeing the sites on as leisurely a pace as possible. I know that the Hall of Mirrors at Versailles is being renovated, but I am confused by their website. Is there partial viewing possible or is it closed entirely to the public?? Thanks again for your help.




|||



I love this section of the Latin Quarter! I know others give it a thumbs down because of all of the felafel places but I find it endearing.



There is a small restaurant located in the Rue de la Parcheminerie that is lovely. I can%26#39;t be certain of the number, but it has a green painted sign over the door. It%26#39;s a husband and wife team - at least when I was there last - and had maybe fifteen tables. The food is quite good, and the wine list is inexpensive but decent. I think of it as comfort food. Note: Closed on Mondays.




|||



Thanks beansandcod--it sounds like a perfect place to try near the hotel. We will have a great time exploring, but appreciate any recommendations we can get. We especially like your suggestion because we can enjoy dinner, wine and stroll back to the hotel without worrying about transportation. Sounds like a perfect evening--April can%26#39;t come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment