Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hotels in Paris

Any recommendations on hotels in Paris? I would prefer to stay in a Hilton hotel so I can use my points. We would like to stay in an area that is close to most of the tourists spots. I would like to keep the cost at a range of $200 USD per night. Is this doable for a nice place? If not, what am I expecting to spend?





I will be flying in on May 7th. I may go straight to Geneva, Switzerland on train and then come back to Paris on/around May 10th and leave May 14th.





Let me know, Thanks!




|||



There is a Hilton just next to the Eiffel Tower, and another on/near Champs Elysee. I believe these are the only Hiltons within the center of Paris. You can read the reviews under %26quot;Paris Hotels%26quot; on TA. You can check the room rates on the Hilton website - they will probably cost more than $200 for a double, though. (You%26#39;re looking at a limit of 160€ = $200).




|||



Any preferences on hotels in the tourists area of Paris?





We are on our honeymoon and would like to stay in a mid-range price hotel.




|||



Sorry, are you saying you do not want to stay in a Hilton..?




|||



To be honest, it really doesn%26#39;t matter where we stay. I would prefer to use my hotel points however if anyone has any preferences based off of where you have stayed I would be open to it.





Thanks




|||



I love the Hilton Paris near the Eiffel Tower. We stayed there several years ago and had an amazing view of the Tower from our balcony. Having said that though, there are so many wonderful, family owned, romantic hotels in Paris that you may want to go outside the Hilton chain. Check this forum by searching something like %26quot;hotels%26quot; %26quot;honeymoon%26quot; romantic. You are bound to come up with some wonderful recommendations. Congratulations on your pending marriage and enjoy your honeymoon in this wonderful city! Mom




|||



May I recommend Hotel Vernet. We too, spent our honeymoon in Paris this past Oct. We found the hotel to be quite nice, good location and great service. Have a wonderful time in romantic Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment