Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Musee Rodin, picasso or d'Orsay

Need to choose between the three, any recs?



I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to arts. Does any one of these have good tours or some kind of immersion experience. Or maybe another musee that I left out?





Thanks!




|||



The gardens of the Rodin Museum are one of my favorite places in all Paris. It is pretty wonderful to enjoy art outside and to visit a Parisian mansion where the man once lived. They have a decent audioguide if you are looking for more info.



But if you are looking for a global art experience, I recommend the d%26#39;Orsay. The Impressionist collection is excellent, of course, but they also have a superb art nouveau section from the Ecole de Nancy, a nice display of statuary and a good photo exhibit. I found their audioguides bof-bof, but they do have guided tours in English Tuesday to Saturday at 11.30 am.




|||



If you haven%26#39;t been to any of them and you can only choose one...I say d%26#39;Orsay! It%26#39;s a can%26#39;t miss!!





IT depends on your likes. Musee d%26#39;Orsay has a little bit more artist variety than the other two and the impressionist floor is fantastic. Rodin has some great sculptures and they are displayed indoors and outdoors.




|||



Orsay is more varied than the other two and the building is very impressive. You have so many collections that you are bound to find something that you like. It is closed on mondays like the ROdin. Picasso is closed on tuesdays.




|||



If you only intend doing one of these three wonderful museums, then it would have to be the MUSÉE d%26#39;ORSAY....which has much more comprehensive collections of 19th %26amp; 20th century Art %26amp; Design---with the %26#39;stars%26#39; of these being it%26#39;s collections of Impressionist paintings and drawings.





Both the Musée Rodin and Musée Picasso concentrate their collections on the works of the individual artists. Each is worth visiting for these extraordinary collections. Of the two, the Musée Rodin has the more pleasant grounds %26amp; gardens.





As for museums you%26#39;ve left out....the list is too long to mention...but the Musée du Louvre would have to be at the top of it. It depends entirely on your own personal interests, tastes, preferences, etc.




|||



I forgot to mention that you can find on the middle floor at Orsay a few Rodin




|||



thanks all. Orsay seemed like the best choice, but because I am going to Le Louvre the prior day, I was thinking of doing something somewhat different, like Picasso or Rodin. Thanks so much, really appreciate it.




|||



I think the d%26#39;Orsay is different to the Louvre.





The paintings at the Louvre are mainly from earlier artists than d%26#39;Orsay. When I go to the Louvre I don%26#39;t really go to the painting section, there is just so much to see and I can only take so much in mentally. I have more of an appreciation for the art at d%26#39;Orsay than the Louvre. Before anyone yells at me, this is just my opinion and I am an art lover, not an expert.





The Picasso museum is good, but once you have been to the one in Barcelona, it can%26#39;t compare in my opinion. The best thing about the Picasso museum is its location. I am a boutique shopper.




|||



If time is a factor, you should probably choose the Rodin or Picasso (I would go with the latter, but that%26#39;s just my own preference, as Picasso%26#39;s work is more varied than Rodin%26#39;s), as you can spend an entire day at the d%26#39;Orsay. But it is certainly woorth making time, as the d%26#39;Orsay is one of the world%26#39;s great museums.




|||



If I had to choose between the D%26#39;Orsay



and the Louvre, I would say the D%26#39;ORSAY.



I have been to Paris 5 times and have



been to the D%26#39;Orsay 5 times, the Louvre once.





As to the Rodin or the Picasso, it%26#39;s a matter



of personal choice. For me the Rodin



has the house + the wonderful sculpture garden.





Whatever choices you make I know that you



are in for a great treat.




|||



Orsay, hands down!!!!





Les



No comments:

Post a Comment