Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hotel in latin quarter

Thanks everybody for the help and information you shared with me. I%26#39;ve narrowed down my hotel choices to Hotel College du France, Hotel Residency Monge, Hotel St Jacques and Hotel Christophe. Anything to pick between these four hotels or is one as good as the other?





(Sorry to beat this topic to death but I%26#39;m just nervous about picking the right hotel)






|||



Hi! I recommended the Hotel St. Jacques and College du France. I have recommended the Hotel Monge to others before, but I don%26#39;t think I did to you. So, I am familiar with those three, so I will only compare those. Hotel Monge is the only one with air conditioning, but you won%26#39;t need it in March most likely. If you look at a map, the CDF and the St. Jacques are a little over a block from one another and very central (the CDF most central and closest towards Notre Dame). The hotel Monge is further south and away from the Seine. It is a nice area on Rue Monge, but if you like to walk a lot you will have further to go. The St. Jacques is on the busiest street of the three, then the Hotel Monge and the CDF is on a side street. If you are needing a single room, I think you will find them close in price. The St. Jacques is a bit more expensive than the other two, but their singles are very reasonable. The decor (if it matters at all) is very basic in the CDF and more ornate and romantic in the St. Jacques. Probably due to location, price and street noise, I think the college de France might be my first choice. It was mine last trip, but booked so I booked the St. Jacques which I loved. Now I am booked at the CDF for March. (I probably already said that!) Oh, both the St. Jacques and the cdf have english CNN if that matters to you. I can tell you, honestly, that you don%26#39;t have to be nervous about choosing either of these hotels.





Let us know what you decide!




|||



I have not stayed at Hotel St. Jacques



but have had 2 friends stay there and they



felt it was a very good hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment