Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Where to go in Paris and Italy

My daughter and I are planning a trip to Paris and maybe Italy. If you could stay two weeks in Europe, would you stay a week in Paris and a week in Rome or would you travel to some other countries too. We are probably going to take some day trips, but I want to really enjoy where we are. What day trips should we take?




|||



In April 2003, I spent five nights in Paris and then four nights in London. It was very easy to coordinate with flights easily going into London and the train from Paris to London. I had thought at the time that I should do side trips to Ireland or another country close to Paris, but I am so glad that I just enjoyed the cities that I went to. I learned more about each city, and I did not feel rushed. I really enjoyed a day trip to Versailles and Giverny.





The other city that you could easily coordinate with Paris would be Amsterdam (Holland).





Since then, it has been more difficult for me to try to do both Italy and France in one trip, because there would be a long distance by train or because of finding a good flight at a good cost between France and Italy.





I have since been back to Europe on a Mediterranean cruise this past September. I spent two nights in Rome and did shore excursusion through Livorno to Florence. In Italy, if I went back, I would spend a couple days in Florence and couple of days in Rome.





Sincerely,





Diana




|||



Can you tell me your thoughts/experience on the mediterannean cruise as we are considering this in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment