Monday, April 16, 2012

CDG 2F/2E transfer in 65 min on a Monday at 2pm? Help!!

I have a 65 minute transfer which Air France tells me is just fine. Both flights are Air France (one is a Cityjet from Dublin operated for AirFrance) They say I can check in at the Dublin airport and get luggage sent onward to Atlanta and get my boarding passes peinted for the onward flight. So I%26#39;ll only have carry-ons for the transfer. What is the quickest method to transfer and can I do it without going through passport and security again? Air France tells me I must go through passport and security but I%26#39;ve read on the forum that you can somehow stay in-transit and avoid this. I have read almost every post via the search feature and am looking for up-to-date info.



Thanks all!




|||



When you get off the plane, follow the %26quot;Correspondance Transfer%26quot;



Take the Air France shuttle bus (within customs zone) situated close to the Transfer desk from terminal 2F to 2E. You will not need to clear security or customs this way as you stay air side. Usually Air France hands you a little booklet that explains connections as well.




|||



After thinking a bit more about this I think that even if you take the bus there is a small security check but it is only for people who connect via the bus so there isnt much of a wait.




|||



Nono no need for a bus to transfer, if you rush in five minutes you are there. When you exit the F, the E is just in front, you have a long corridor and that%26#39;s it. I guess you have to follow the correspondance sign, or ask the first Air France clerk you see.




|||



Raphy, the disadvantage to walking from one terminal to the other is you have to leave the secure area. This means passport control and the security line that everyone has to go through. Although it%26#39;s a short walk I think the bus is faster because you avoid all of the hassle. Of course, if there is not wait at security and passport, walking could be faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment