Friday, March 30, 2012

Barbour coats in Paris?

After reading all the posts regarding fashion I%26#39;m a bit concerned. I%26#39;ll be there in early April and was planning on wearing my good old trustworthy Barbour coat. Warm, comfy and with built-in secure pockets for passports,cash and credit cards. However, now I%26#39;m afraid I%26#39;ll stick out like a sore thumb amoung the fashionable Parisians! How bad will this look?




|||



As I just got back from 10 days in Paris and wore my beloved Barbour (%26quot;Bedale,%26quot; I think)most of the time, I can assure you that you won%26#39;t feel out of place and will be grateful for all the convenient pockets. I saw a lot of Barbours (and similar coats) on both men and women I assumed were Parisians (or at least visiting Brits who seemed to fit in).





On the other hand, I never have been able to tie a scarf that looks as good as what the Parisians wear.





Bon voyage,





Marc




|||



I don%26#39;t know what a Barbour is, but don%26#39;t think the fashion police will take you to jail while in Paris. Do you really think the Parisians will tell you to go back home because they can%26#39;t stand the view of your coat? Wear whatever is warm, comfortable, and if it has anti-pickpocket pockets, then bring it!




|||



Raphy, Barbour est à mon avis très semblable aux vetements Aigle.




|||



Barbour is pretty popular in Paris, occasionnally very fashionable from time to time.





I wear one each time it%26#39;s raining and have to walk (as today..) whenever i wear a grey suit or ripped jeans under :)





Raphy, Barbour are these green oily heavy jackets (many motorcycle drivers wear one, altho it%26#39;s originally for hunting or horseback riding purpose)

No comments:

Post a Comment