Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Seine river dinner cruise

Can anyone tell me which dinner cruise my husband and I should do? I have noticed various companies do the dinner cruise along the Seine River are any better than the other?




|||



My recommendation is Bateaux Parisiens; they have the best boats and the best location in my opinion. I tried their dinner cruise once with friends and it liked it. The food was good, nothing extraordinary for the price and the whole concept is touristy, but it%26#39;s a nice thing to do once.



There is another company called La Marina de Bercy. It may be of a slighly higher quality as far as the food is concerned but it is out of the beaten tracks.




|||



I also recommend the Bateaux Parisiens. I have done it twice with my wife and friends. Good food, wine included, a great variety of cheeses. Try to get a table next to the glass wall because the view is a lot better.




|||



No one in their right mind takes one of these dinner cruises expecting %26#39;..great food..%26#39;. Perhaps the best (relatively speaking) food sertved by any of the Seine dinner cruise operators is that aboard the YACHTS de PARIS boats--- http://www.yachtsdeparis.com/ ---It will also be the most expensive of all of the various dinner cruises. Beyond this, the food on any of the rest will most likely be equally %26#39;..good..%26#39; from operator to operator.





You don%26#39;t take these dinner cruises for the food. You take them for the %26#39;..experience..%26#39;. Even indifferent food and wine seems a magnitude of quality better...when the view over the rim of your champagne flute is that of the illuminated south facade of Notre Dame or a %26#39;twinkling%26#39; Eiffel Tower passing through your line-of-sight. For this...ANY...will do quite nicely.




|||



My husband and I were also considering taking a dinner cruise for our anniversary in May. I have done quite a bit of research here on TA. I had originally thought I wanted to do Yachts de Paris since it is more upscale and better food but the cruise ends at 10:15 and sunset won%26#39;t be until 9:30 (so wouldn%26#39;t have much time to see Paris lit up at night) and it doesn%26#39;t appear to be glass enclosed, meaning less of a view. Then was considering Bateaux Parisiennes which goes until 11:00. Also, it takes off near the Eiffel Tower so we could spend extra time after the cruise enjoying the view of the tower lit up at night (a definate plus). But then I read on a posting on TA that the music is very loud on this cruise and someone even reported witnessing a %26quot;sing-along%26quot; as the boat was docking. Doesn%26#39;t sound like the romantic time I was looking for. Am now considering Bateaux Mouches. They take off from near the Eiffel Tower, are glass enclosed, run till 10:45 and state they have soft music. Also want to make sure we have a table for 2 which from the postings I%26#39;ve read doesn%26#39;t always seem to be the case on Bateaux Parisiennes. Any feedback would be appreciated.




|||



I have to completely disagree with previous posts that slight the Bateaux Parisiens food. Personally, I had the prawn lasagna and the duck and thought they were outstanding. As far as romantic value, the Bateaux Parisiens was the first meal after I proposed to my fiancee. While I admit this may have affected my overall opinion of the cruise, I think it reinforces the point that the cruise, like almost any other restaurant you%26#39;ll go to, is as romantic as you make it. Our table was particularly quaint and we were lucky to be seated where we were, a table away from the boad windows. That may account for being further away from the music which we found completely unintrusive, particularly the violin rendition of Ave Maria while stopped in front of Notre Dame. If location is therefore that important, choose the second tier of service to ensure a window seat, the Select Service. I personally recommend the cruise having enjoyed it as a romantic engagement dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment