Friday, March 30, 2012

cauterets

hi everyone



is it just me or is there a shortage of information about Cauterets in the pyrenees. From i%26#39;ve seen on the net, it seems like a beautiful village/town and I%26#39;m finding it hard to find any info on the forums! My wife and I will be visiting in the European summer 2006 so we look forward to seeing the area by doing some walks. If anyone has some experience with the place, please advise good or bad.



Regards



mt cook 1




|||



We stayed in Luz St Sauveur a few years ago - it%26#39;s a beautiful area and we did some walking near Cauterets up to Pont d%26#39;Espagne, and also up to the Cirque de Gavarnie. I guess you might find more info on the net after the skiing season finishes and the websites are updated for summer visitors. We shall probably go back sometime (my husband is a keen cyclist and rode the big Tour de France passes), though I%26#39;d be inclined to stay somewhere more convenient for traffic routes than Cauterets - if you just want to walk from the town, it wouldn%26#39;t be a problem, but if you want to travel around at all, you%26#39;d have to retrace your route each time. If you go to the area, don%26#39;t miss the Donjon des Aigles at Beaucens!

No comments:

Post a Comment