Friday, March 30, 2012

Staying in the 5th or 6th

Hello to any experienced Paris hotel friends,


We will be traveling to Paris in July with our 3 teenage daughters. We%26#39;ve (just my husband and I) stayed at the Hotel des Carmes in the past, and we thought it safe, clean and in close prox. to most activities, Notre Dame, the Metro...etc. But would like a bit quiter street in the general vacinity. Do you have any feelings on the following hotels, which we%26#39;ve been hearing about. 1) Relais Saint Jacques 2) Vendome St. Germain 3) St. Gregoire and lastly 4) St. Beuve. We want it safe enough if our girls want to explore a bit by themselves, that we (and they) feel safe.


Thank you,




|||



Hi, yes, I%26#39;ve stayed at the Relais Saint Jacques. My report is posted here at Trip Advisor as a matter of fact.





tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187147-d325…





I highly recommend this hotel as I not only enjoyed my room (Prestige) but also the staff who are very friendly and helpful.





Btw, I noted that a housekeeper entered my room while I was still occupying it. I emailed M. Bonneau, the manager, and he assured me that the staff have been advised at what occured. They were never suppose to enter a guest%26#39;s room and they have been advised further that this is not correct.





The Saint Gregoire is on my short list too.




|||



I%26#39;ve just come back from Paris with two teens and we stayed at the Henri IV which was perfect location wise being very close to Notre Dame, Boulevard St Germaine etc (see my post from a couple of days ago) and I didn%26#39;t find it at all noisy. The good thing would be that on the top floor of this hotel they have two adjacent rooms, one a double the other a triple which would be perfect and private for you. Have fun!




|||



The Ste-Beuve gets high marks at a number of other forums, but it%26#39;s closer to the Luxembourg Gardens than--I think--the other hotels you mention. But it%26#39;s a very safe area.

No comments:

Post a Comment