Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Is it true re: Jo Goldenberg??

I understand the famous Jewish deli in the Marais is closing??? For health code violations under the new ownership?? Can anyone verify this?





I loved it there...





Les




|||



I don%26#39;t know for now but one thing is sure, they closed during a long period of time some years ago for the same reasons and I never went back there because of that. Better not knowing what they found in the fridges, unless you want to make terrible nightmares...




|||



I can confirm that is has been closed the last few Sundays that we were in the Marais, which I found odd.




|||



I just read that today...that it was closing due to health code violations. That it had to close temporarily in 2002 for the same reasons.



Yikes.



Oh well...l%26#39;As du Fallafel here I come...





Les




|||



It says they are hoping to reopen after a major sanitary rehaul.



But the bad press ain%26#39;t gonna help, wouldn%26#39;t you say??





les




|||



Les--



We were disappointed with the food at Jo Goldenberg when we ate there in 2003. There is much better deli in NY. But you are absolutely right about L%26#39;As du Falafel. It%26#39;s the best west of Tel Aviv.



Bon Apetit



Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment