Friday, March 30, 2012

A question about the seating for the Moulin Rouge show

Hi everyone,



I will visit Paris in late Jan. Should I buy tickets early or wait til I get there?



Also, I try to figure the seating for the show. Do I get designated seats when I buy tickets (for show only)? Or is it random seating? If it%26#39;s random seating, should I go there early for better seats? Do I need to tip the usher for better seats?



And thank you for the advice.




|||



I booked with Euroscope, a tour company. There were no assigned seats. Our driver must know someone there as he assured us that he%26#39;d do his best to get our group great seats. He sure did something as we got to sit next to the stage. I%26#39;m not sure if you can tip an usher to get a better seat. You line up outside and they let in groups of people at one time. Then they tell you where to sit. I guess going early may help.




|||



In fact there are no assigned seats, also the best seats (imo) are not close to the stage but in the middle. It is kind of difficult to look up to a 1.80 m woman on a stage while you are just next to it... Being there early and tipping the usher do help.


For the reservation if it is not on a saturday you should be fine in making your reservation at your arrival in Paris through the concierge.




|||



We just were up seeing the cathedral one day and bought the tickets for just the show not the dinner-show at the box office. It was open when we got there in the afternoon.





Or you can buy it from the hotel concierge if your hotel has one.





You can also buy it on line from tour companies that include a shuttle pick up from your hotel for a little more money.





We just bought our own tickets and took the metro there and then a taxi back to our hotel afterward.





No matter how you buy the tickets it is pretty much first come first seated or random seating not assigned.





We were seated on the right near the back and the seats were just fine. The show only comes with a bottle of champagne for two.





Have a great time!




|||



Our seats next to the stage were fine in my opinion. Judging from the men seated in the same area their seats didn%26#39;t seem close enough actually.




|||



Ha, ha... being close to the stage, looking up to a 1.80cm beauty whose feathers brushed my grandfather%26#39;s face, was his idea of dying and going to heaven!!

No comments:

Post a Comment