Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hotels In Paris

I am travelling to Paris in early June with my 16 year old daughter for her birthday. Can anyone recommend a GOOD 3 star hotel in the Champs Elysees / Arc de Triomphe / Louvre area? I have done so much research and just when I think I%26#39;ve found the perfect hotel, I also find terribly disappointing reviews. I look forward to receiving some desperately needed advice.




|||



Ahh well there is no hotel that every single review will be good for, remember everyone has different tastes and expectations. Go for majority rules.





We ( 14 yr. old son and I ) stayed at the Hotel Brighton on the Rue Rivoli right across from the Lourve and walking distance to Champs Elysees.



Get a %26quot;view room%26quot; not an older cheaper room and you will be quite pleased. Nice large bathroom, excellant view, and nice breakfast.





Ask foir specials as we recieved the fourth night free which then brought the higer sounding room rate down to our level!




|||



Maybe:





Hotel Galileo (8th)



http://www.parisby.com/galileoparis/




|||



Could you please clarify what you mean by good and also give a price range? It%26#39;s hard to make recommendations without more information.




|||



You%26#39;re absolutely right. GOOD is way too generic. I am looking for something at or just under 200.00US per night. Something in a safe and convenient area of Paris as I won%26#39;t mind walking about. I think the 8th district is central to most of the things I%26#39;d like to do/see.... Arc, Louvre, Opera, Notre Dame, shopping. I am open to all other suggestions however as I am completely unfamiliar with Paris. Small rooms (reasonably)do not intimidate me as long as they have attached bathrooms. Small %26quot;cheesy%26quot; rooms however I am terribly afraid of encountering. The Queen Mary Hotel is one that appeals to me but of the few reviews I can find, the opinions were warm at best. Any suggestions you can make will be appreciated.




|||



Does it really have to be on the Right Bank? There are so many good 3* hotels on the Left Bank (just a walk over a bridge away from the sites you want to visit) that I think may suit you better. Have a look at the Paris Hotels section on TA, put in St-Germain-des-Pres (for example) %26amp; $100-$200 and a list with user comments will come up. Also, check out this website for good hotels in your desired area and beyond: http://www.hotels-exclusive.com/paris.htm - I%26#39;ve used it for years, and have found several good hotels through it.




|||



i%26#39;ve heard the



Royal Hotel is nice and it is right at your price range and location.




|||



Take a look at the Hôtel Mansart, just off the Place Vendôme and very old Paris in feel. It%26#39;s an easy walk to the Louvre and the Madeleine, not to mention the Tuileries Gardens and the Seine. We really liked the hotel, and a superior twin would be in your budget range.

No comments:

Post a Comment