Saturday, March 24, 2012

teenagers - first time to Paris

We are two moms taking our soon to be 16 year olds for a special trip to Paris. Does anyone have a suggestion for where to stay? From internet sites I%26#39;ve some up with Hotel St. Christophe or Edouard 6 Montparnasse Hotel. Can anyone comment on either hotel? We will be going in April. Thanks!




|||



Hi.... how did your trip go? I am taking 2 teens in juin 2006 for 7 days paris, 6 days Normandy/Brittany, 2 days paris.



What were their favorite restaurants, or spots to eat?



What do you reccomend seeing 1st and at what pace.


I am very familiar with Paris but these are my grand daughter (18) and niece (16) Mothers are not invited this trip.


Thanks. mmcarr




|||



I have not stayed at either hotel.



I would recommend that you investigate



some of the hotels in the 5th.



The area has a lot of things that would



be of interest to the 16 year olds.




|||



I highly recommend - Hotel Des Batignolles



- Reasonable price



- Boutique hotel



- Clean and spacious rooms



- 1 minute away from ATM machine



- Across the street from bakery which had the best bread/pastries in France



- 5 minutes away from subway (Metro - Place De Clichy)



- 6 euros for taxi to downtown



- Friendly service



- Local life experience



- Lots of neighbourhood restaurants, including 24 hours one



- 5 minutes away from supermarket



- Can accommodate 4 in a room





See more reviews on it at tripadvisor...




|||



You may want to check out my response to a message on 1/9 called %26quot;Graduation Trip%26quot;. We really enjoyed staying in the Eiffel Tower/Ecole Militaire area.




|||



I don%26#39;t know these hotels but Montparnasse is a nice area for teenagers, lots of shopping on Rue de Rennes, lots of restaurants, cinemas...So quite busy. Also the 5th is my favorite (i live here) so i back the advice for the 5th, more central than Montparnasse and also very lively. Boulevard St Michel also has many shops for teenagers (Pimkie, Naf Naf, Etam). Avoid the area of Ecole Militaire unless you want your teenager to get bored, , it is a nice and expensive neighbouhood BUT not very lively and not central.




|||



we took our teen last summer and stayed in the 5th! We rented an apartment our location was great. We had a balcony so we could let her go out on the street and see her go get food or just let her have a little freedom with out worry. The 5th is great for young people it has a lot to interest them. The St. Germain area was also great they had movie theaters with movies in english. Your teens will have a wonderful trip no matter where you stay, but a little action is probably the best bet.




|||



I%26#39;m a grandma, taking to 15 year olds in April...staying at Hotel Cambon....




|||



Teenage boys or girls? I took my 14 yr old son in Aug. and he enjoyed most of the %26quot; regular %26quot; sites. We CLIMBED up the Effiel Tower ( the line for the elevators was obsence!) and The Arc D%26#39;Triomphe, and Notre Dame,and we CLIMBED DOWN into the Catacombs which my son really thought was neat. I have a feeling that teenage girls may not be as interested in the Catacombs, but ask them anyways! LOl





My son also enjoyed the Lourve and the Cluny, we did not go to the more modern art museums as he doesn%26#39;t actually like paintings or scluptures much, he preferred seeing the artifacts( mummies!) in the Egyptian section, the Medival Lourve, and Napoleons apartments.





The teens you are taking are old enough to do some research and tell you what they are interested in. I made my son look up some sites in Paris on the computer and tell me what he wanted to see! Hence the Catacombs. Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment