Tuesday, April 24, 2012

train to brussels lost the info

I would like to take the train from Paris to Bruges Brussels. Can someone tell me how to go about it. I use to have all the info but it disappeared!





Is there only one train you can take. I do not have a Euro Pass. If I remember right it takes about 1.5 to 2 hours to get there?





I don%26#39;t remember the cost either.





Any help would be appreciated.



Thanks so much




|||



Sorry, I meant Bruges Belgium DUH!




|||



Best bet is the bullet train to Brussels via www.thalys.com To my knowledge there is not a direct route to Brugge but I could be wrong. From Brussels you can transfer to the local train to Brugge (about 12 euro depending on the day.) No reservations required for that one.




|||



Go to www.raileurope.com







You can buy rail passes as well as single tickets. It looks like Paris to Bruges is 2 1/2 hours and around $110 second class.




|||



it looks like there is a direct train(no switching in brussels) that leaves at 6:25pm, from gare du nord. All the other trains you have to switch in Lille or brussels. This is a quick check on sncf.com




|||



Thalys train goes from Paris to Brussels in 1h25 minutes and there is a train every 30 minutes.



!/2 of those trains go on no stop to Amsterdam or Germany (non stop) (they split the train in 2 and you would not know it).



Very few of those trains go non stop to Bruges.



No problem. You get off at Brussels midi and take the fast train to Ostende (Oostend). There is one every hour and it stops in Bruges. I suspect Thalys train is synchronised with all those trains meaning tou will not have to wait 55 minutes.




|||



THALYS train from PARIS-Gare du Nord to BRUSELLES-Midi...then local train from Bruselles-Midi to Bruges. The advance-purchase, PREMS round-trip fare should be 49 €uro each...plus the local fare should be another 6 €uro each.





http:///www.thalys.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment