Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hotel Help

Hello everyone,





I will be coming to Paris next fall (the airline tickets are already bought) and I am concerned about the hotel now. BTW, this will be my first time there, I am going by myself and I intend to stay four nights there. A friend and my sister advised me to stay at the Hotel Marignan at the Latin Quarter. The price there for a single room with bathroom and toilet in the hall was quoted 49 EUROS( Breakfast included). Otherwise, I found a Hotel called Grand Hotel Jeanne d%26#39;Arc (the one in the Marais) which was quoted 60 EUROS a night for a single room with bathroom and toilet without breakfast. I know this hotel has some great reviews on TA. My dilemma is what area is the best for a first-time visitor and a woman travelling alone.



Thanks so much in advance,



Autumngirlsoup




|||



Hotel Jeanne d%26#39;Arc (make sure it%26#39;s the one on 3 Rue de Jarente in the 4th) is popular, of course with the %26#39;quirks%26#39; and flaws that accompany a budget hotel. The location is excellent, between Place de Vosges and rue de Rivoli (metro: St Paul).





The reviews on the Marignan (Ile de France) indicate it is a very low-budget operation, more like a hostel than a hotel. The location is also excellent, between the Sorbonne and Notre Dame (metro: Maubert-Mutualite).





Let%26#39;s throw one more budget hotel into the mix: Hotel de Nesle, very cute rooms by the photos, and located at 7 rue de Nesle, 6th, between Pont Neuf/Ile de Cité and St Germain des Pres/Sulpice churches.



http://www.hoteldenesleparis.com/



55-65€ for one person




|||



Thanks Travelnutty for your input. After analyzing the options, I made a reservation in the Hotel Jeanne d%26#39;Arc ( the one in the Marais).




|||



Soup: Great hotel. You won%26#39;t be disappointed!




|||



even though you%26#39;ve already chosen, in answer to your safety concerns both areas are excellent for a first timer and a lady traveler. Take normal safety precautions, don%26#39;t make silly choices and you will have a wonderful time.




|||



Just so you know, these are very basic hotels. A lot of people get disappointed when they find that the amenities are not up to their standards. If you are fine with that, then they will be fine.





Les




|||



For a woman traveling alone, I would recommend an area that has more buses and metros than St Paul (Hotel Jeanne d%26#39;Arc) and Maubert Mutualite.



I think the 2 stars Madeleine-Opera is closer to a wide choice of transportation and therefore would be my recommendation for a woman traveling alone.



Breakfast should not be a concern as coffee and tartine or croissant are often better at the cafe next door than at hotels of that category.




|||



I really appreciate your inputs, everyone.



Thank you. ;)




|||



I count about 9 bus lines within 500 meters o Jeanne d%26#39;Arc on my %26quot;le Petit Parisien%26quot; map, and the Bastille metro within same, which is a correspondence station.




|||



I count about 9 bus lines within 500 meters o Jeanne d%26#39;Arc on my %26quot;le Petit Parisien%26quot; map, and the Bastille metro within same, which is a correspondence station.





To me %26quot;close%26quot; is within 5 blocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment