Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hotel in a safe area

I am travelling to Paris in September.



I know it still early, but i would really like to book a hotel soon.



Since i am travelling on my own, i would like some advise on hotels in a fairly safe area for me to be able to walk back on my own.



Hotel will need to be about 3 or 4 star.



Thanks




|||



Hotel Relais Saint Germain near Odeon metro.



If you are interested in a B%26amp;B for women traveling solo, contact me at go1to20@aol.com




|||



Thank you for your reply, i should have mentioned that I was thinking of the following two hotels:



Either the Edouard VII or D%26#39;Aubusson?



Any thoughts about these two will be much appreciated.





Thanks



Celina




|||



Dear Celina,





Although I don%26#39;t know where either of the two hotels you are thinking about are located, I will say that I am a woman and have stayed in Paris by myself, and have always felt safe. I%26#39;ve stayed by myself in the 4th (both the Marais and the I%26#39;lle St. Louis) the 5th (the Latin Quarter) the 7th, the 8th and the 1st.





The hotels I%26#39;ve stayed at alone or with a companion are: (4th) the Caron de Beaumarchais, The St. Louis and the Jeu de Palme; (5th) The Bestwestern Jardin de Cluny; (7th) the Hotel de Verneuil; (8th) The Bestwestern Elysee Bradford, and (1st) Relais du Louvre. (Please forgive any spelling errors as I%26#39;m going from memory and my first language is not French!)





Bon chance and bon voyage.




|||



I have travelled to Paris several times by myself and have always felt safe. I stayed in the 5th near the Sorbonne and really liked that area.





I walked all over central Paris at night. There are always a lot of people on the street so I felt completely safe being out by myself at night.





Enjoy




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Hotel in a safe area.......Either the Edouard VII or D%26#39;Aubusson?%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





Just about ANY hotel within the %26#39;..core..%26#39; of the city--from the 1eme thru the 8eme will be both safe and conveniently situated (and you could very easily extend this %26#39;core%26#39; outward).





Either the HÔTEL EDOUARD VII (4-star)--39 Avenue de l%26#39;Opera, 75002, Metro: Opera %26amp; Pyramids



http://www.edouard7hotel.com/





OR..the HÔTEL d%26#39;AUBUSSON (4-star) 33 rue Dauphine, 75006, Metro: Odeon %26amp; Pont Neuf--



http://www.hoteldaubusson.com/





will be within and surrounded by neighborhoods that will be perfectly safe for a woman strolling alone at almost any time of day or night. Either is conveniently situated and within easy strolling/walking distances of a great many of Paris%26#39; sights and attractions and will have excellent Metro and bus connections to anywhere else in Paris that you may not feel like walking to at the moment.





I%26#39;m not familiar with the Edouard VII but I am with the d%26#39;Aubusson (we%26#39;ve stayed here when it first openned, as have acquaintances since and enjoyed it)...and what you see on their web site is what your get--perhaps a bit more charmingly that pictured. We%26#39;re devotées of the Left Bank...and this particular neighborhood of the 6eme-Saint Germain des Prés in particular.....so the d%26#39;Aubusson would gets my recommendation.





The immediate neighborhood is active, interesting, with more than enough good restaurants, bistrots and cafés to suit almost any taste, appetite or budget within easy strolling distance of the lobby and more than enough interesting stores and shops to max-out all but AMEX %26#39;Black%26#39;.




|||



Thank you for your comments,



You have put my mind at ease, and I have decided to stay at the D%26#39;Aubusson.



Can%26#39;t wait to be in Paris, will be a dream come true for me.





Thanks again



Celina





P.S This site (tripadvisor) is fantastic.




|||



If I%26#39;d to choose between the Edward VII and the d%26#39;Aubusson, I%26#39;d choose the well-regarded d%26#39;Aubusson. I prefer the 6th district more.




|||



I know that you will enjoy staying



in the 6th arrondisement.



You will find many cafes and



restaurants along with



great shopping. The metro stop



is close to take you farther



a field.





Best Wishes




|||



Have a look on this link :





sites-hotels.com/ile-de-france/hotels_paris/…





Just Hotels in district 6.




|||



Hotels in Latin Quarter or Saint Germain are actually probably the best located in Paris. Have a look at Hotel Central Saint Germain, a very nice 3 star I particularly loved the last time I stayed in paris: www.centralstgermain.com...not far away from odeon metro stop!



Have a nice trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment