Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Let's meet in Paris, Sunday April 9

My husband, John, and I are spending the month of April in Paris, and would like to meet other tourists and, of course, Parisians and expats. I am using the method recommended by Randy Silver. who set up a meeting at Les Editeurs in the 6th Arrondissement.





We would enjoy meeting others to share experiences and excitement at being in Paris in the early spring. We are somewhat mature (50s and 60s). When we travel in Europe, we enjoy renting an apartment so we have a better sense of daily life, but also because we don%26#39;t like to dress up and go out for breakfast and dinner. We relish the surprises and serendipities of wandering around a new place, as well as exploring the famous sites.





We live in the San Francisco Bay Area. John is originally from Cambridge, MA, and I am from Philadelphia. I speak some French; John says %26quot;Bonjour%26quot;, %26quot;Merci%26quot;. and %26quot;Pardon%26quot;, and will pick up more when in Paris.





I%26#39;ve felt dismayed by the anti-French rhetoric and general xenophobia pushed by certain pundits with an agenda. Let%26#39;s be courteous, appreciate our differences, and be richer for the joys of exploring a fascinating city.





Anyone who%26#39;s interested, please email me at: aimerparis@mac.com.





Marion




|||



Europhile, Randy also suggested the same thing to me, as I will be in Paris late March, departing on the 29th. I will just miss your event or I would consider attending! I do plan to rent an apartment in Paris the entire month of October, so I might wait until then to do an official meeting, but it is a great idea. I actually met someone on TA that is meeting a girlfriend and I in Paris in March (all girls 30s-40s). You sound like the type that loves to meet new, interesting people and loves to savor the culture during your travels. Have a great trip and Bon Chance with your meeting!




|||



Your idea is great. I wish I could come. I miss Paris so much...



I hope some day to arrange the same here, in Greece, so I could meet everyone.



Have a very nice time and send your impressions for those who won%26#39;t come.



By the time have a happy new year!!!!




|||



Hi, Waytogogirl--





We are going to be in Paris the entire month, so could arrange a later meeting with you. Where will you be? We%26#39;ll be near the Eiffel Tower, in the 7th Arrondissement, the last two weeks.





Let%26#39;s work something out.




|||



Thanks for the kind thoughts, Silver Greece. Have a wonderful New Year, with perhaps a visit to Paris.




|||



Waytogogirl--





Sorry, I first read your post as being in Paris in late April. I%26#39;m getting a bit crosseyed with all this emailing in tiny print! Sorry to miss the chance to meet you.





Bonne chance a vous, aussi.




|||



My husband and I will be in Paris from March 27 to April 10, and we%26#39;d be interested in getting together.




|||



I%26#39;d love to come but will only be in Paris from March 2-10. Poo.





Have a great trip!




|||



Hi, La Cavaliere--





Sorry to reply so late, I got sidetracked by the holidays.





If you email me at aimerparis@mac.com, we can get more specific about plans. We%26#39;ll be in our rental flat in Montmartre then, but with the Metro we could meet anywhere.




|||



Hi, La Cavaliere--





Sorry to reply so late, I got sidetracked by the holidays.





If you email me at aimerparis@mac.com, we can get more specific about plans. We%26#39;ll be in our rental flat in Montmartre then, but with the Metro we could meet anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment