Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Paris weather late march

I will be in Paris from 24-28 March coming from Sicily/Sorrento. I realize the weather will be different from Italy, but is it still as cool/cold in late March as February?


Would layers jackets/sweather/shirts be okay without the necessity of goloves and scarves? Thanks




|||



We were in Paris last March during the middle of the month. The weather was in the low to mid 50%26#39;s (F), quite cool especially in the mornings. We were told that there was snow on the ground just a week earlier. Layered clothing is best, but gloves/scarves are probably not necessary. It should be warmer than February.



We%26#39;re planning to return this March from the 10th-18th.




|||



Every year is different, like everywhere. You should check weather.com before leaving.



I was there in mid March of 2003 and it was so warm I didn%26#39;t need a jacket. The south was extremely warm.





Les




|||



I%26#39;d leave your gloves and scarves at home, but bring layers and your umbrella.





Les




|||



Hello,





We were there last March and the beginning of the month was totally different than the last two weeks. It went from freezing and snow to Spring like, even warm!. But a couple of years ago the whole month was really cold, snowy, rainy.....





I would tuck in a pair of gloves, if you have them. Can always buy scarves there.





Will be there till the 22 so I%26#39;m using my postive thinking for mild weather.





Bonne chance.




|||



hi, suzeep....we%26#39;ve spent the month of march in paris for the past four years and will spend march in paris this year as well...from past experience i know that the weather during the month varies from warm to cold and from rainy to dry....i suggest layers so that you can adjust to conditions inside and outside....bring a pair of gloves as well as a scarf or two... ...they won%26#39;t take up much room and they might come in handy...enjoy your stay...




|||



It will be late-winter/early-spring, in northern Europe. There could just as easily be ice-skating on the boat pond in the Tuileries, as there could be topless sun bathing on the grass at Champ de Mars. Pack for either extreme with an assortment of light layers---and a good raincoat.




|||



Hi Suzeep! I am going at the exact same time! I am taking my friend who has never been to Paris and we are hoping for the best, but going to be prepared for the worst. I realize you are packing for slightly warmer weather in Italy. So, to make things simple, pack the same sweaters/cardigans you would pack for a chilly day in Italy to go over your short sleeved shirts and add one more layer with a coat for Paris. I think a scarf will be a welcome addition as I have even worn one with a thick sweater to keep my neck warm when walking even on chilly days, but you can probably leave the gloves home(they don%26#39;t take much room though).





Let%26#39;s keep our fingers crossed for spring-time weather. I did see that the average rainfall in March is actually less than April, so let%26#39;s hope! Oh, I think the time changes for daylight savings in Europe one week earlier than US on the 25th, so we will have longer days!





Have a great trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment