Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What's up with Hotel Langlois?

Recently there have been 2 very negative reviews of this hotel (out of a myriad of excellent reviews). I%26#39;m booked there for June 2006, and I%26#39;m still fairly confident, but those negative reviews really unnerve me.





I know that the reviews are entirely open to being fabricated by anyone...no verification. I%26#39;ve seen this happen at a very popular Rome Trastevere Hotel highly recommended by several guide books as well as a wealth of positive reviews. Then, in a couple of weeks, negative after negative came rolling in. It really makes me think that some of the unscrupulous competing hoteliers may be in on this game.





Anyone have any comforting thoughts about Langlois?




|||



Hi, I just checked out of the Hotel Langlois yesterday and can honestly say I did not have any problems. I can understand people having a different opinion but for people to complain about it being noisy in the centre of Paris is a joke! The banging pipes were, admittedly, a bit of a pain but it%26#39;s an old hotel. The bed could have been bigger and the pillows more comfortable but all in all I loved the place. It was spotless, the staff were really helpful to us (maybe we displayed a good attitude towards them) and the location was fantastic. I%26#39;ve written my review and it should be up in the next couple of days.




|||



...and by the way, one of the people with complaints was moaning about the fact they had to get the Metro everywhere causing mounting transport costs. My 3 day Metro ticket cost me 18 Euros - 6 Euros a Day! This doesn%26#39;t sound like a person who can be taken seriously regarding travel advice!




|||



Ah, the joys of statistical rankings. One or two very low ratings will seriously and adversely impact a weighted averaging system. Now if they used a rating system like olympic scoring where the highest and lowest scores were dropped and them the remaining scores averaged there would be a more reliable metric of opinion but they don%26#39;t. Considering the significant period of time and number of reviews that did not mention or complain about the mattresses, I would disregard the complaint as an extraneous abberation in the stats




|||



badley104: I look forward to reading your review, and I appreciate the input on this subject. I%26#39;ve booked a suite for my family and suite for a family traveling with us...it%26#39;s there first time in Europe, and I think I would just want to crawl under a rock if we got to this hotel and it actually was bad. Personally I could handle it, but I would be embarrassed that I forced my friends into a bad experience :-)))





BTW, what is a 3-day metro ticket? Do you just buy them at any rail station?




|||



When we got to our first Metro station after being dropped off from the airport bus we just asked for a 3 day ticket. It cost 18.25 Euros and we used it constantly. The hotel is unbelievably close to a Metro Station which can take you to every Paris attraction within minutes. We loved zipping about the metro as it was so easy to use and never had to wait longer than 2 or 3 minutes for a train. I don%26#39;t understand why some people had to walk everywhere for the sake of 6 euros a day. You do enough walking in Paris so take advantage of the excellent transport system when you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment