Wednesday, April 25, 2012

St Germain, Latin Quarter or Louve?

Can%26#39;t decide where to stay. Going in late April for 5 nights. Booked Hotel Britannique in 1st arr. Friends say to stay in St Germain. Any hotel suggestions? Thanks to all. Love the forums.



Janet from NYC.




|||



I stayed my first 4 trips in the Latin Quarter



and my last trip in St. Germain.



Both were good but I would say that I



enjoyed San Germain more; shopping, rerstaurants, closer to walk to things



we wanted to see and do.




|||



I would say Latin quarter and St Germain have a lot of charm, but Britannique is greatly located, at the heart of everything. You have nearly all metro lines at your door and many shops on rue de Rivoli. Latin quarter is very close from there




|||



Keep your reservation, then you and your friends can compare notes on the pros/cons of the two different locations. The Britannique gets good reviews and is very central, and the Marais area just north is every bit as interesting as St Germain (which is morphing into a somewhat generic/high-end shopping district, IMO).




|||



Thank you all. I am going to keep my reservations. As New Yorkers we walk alot so I have no problem crossing the bridge to go to the other arrondisments. Happy New Year. Hope our troops come home soon!




|||



I agree, keep your reservation in this wonderful hotel...you will have difficulties to find an hotel so wonderful and so centrally-located!That%26#39;s really a nice hotel!

No comments:

Post a Comment