Tuesday, April 24, 2012

princess diana

Where in Paris did Priness diana crash???




|||



Below Pont d%26#39;Alma. Please dont vandalize the replica of the statue of liberty torch. It is not a monument to Diana even though many feel compelled to cover it with letters and what not.




|||



It%26#39;s in the tunnel underneat the Place d%26#39;Alma in the 8th arrondisement. There%26#39;s a scale replica of the Statue of Liberty%26#39;s torch in the square above.




|||



Thank you. Will take great not to do anything wrong.




|||



%26lt;%26lt;It is not a monument to Diana even though many feel compelled to cover it with letters and what not.%26gt;%26gt;





The torch isn%26#39;t a monument to Diana? Really? My maps showed it to be the %26quot;Diana Memorial%26quot;. And I found it touching that after so many years later, people are still coming to it and leaving flowers.




|||



Huh.. I just did some research online and yup.. and I found that its an %26quot;informal%26quot; memorial to her.




|||



There is also a small Princess Diana memorial garden %26amp; children%26#39;s nature center tucked away behind 21 rue des Blancs Manteaux (near rue des Archives), 75004, Metro: Rambateau




|||



That torch is the replica of the Statue of Liberty%26#39;s one (btw, there is the statue%26#39;s little sister on the bridge close to it, and she is facing exactly the one that is on the other side of Atlantic).



This monument was made public the day before Diana died, so it was at once transformed into a Diana memorial..




|||



As Denys said %26#39;informal%26#39; means that Diana fans choose to make it what that wish it to be.





As far as I know flowers and letters are removed by the same green truck that empties the bins and cleans the dog-crap off the ground.





There is a memorial plaque at the site but I think that it%26#39;s at the actual crash site, under the bridge, meaning that you%26#39;d have to stop your car and get out to see it (BAD IDEA!)




|||



ptegan, are you trying to get our visitors killed lol !?!




|||



ttt. I don%26#39;t see much in guidebooks about this memorial. I also don%26#39;t see it in many people%26#39;s itinerary of things to do in Paris. I am thinking of putting it on my list for my next visit. Is it worth a visit? I was extremely upset by her untimely death, so a visit makes sense to me personally, but I just don%26#39;t understand why you don%26#39;t see much about the memorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment