Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Spring Fashion Question

I know I am going to stump all the male Paris experts out there (hey, but maybe I should not be quick to judge! So, ladies I need help with a fashion question for travel very late March.





It will most likely be chilly, but hopefully Paris will be shaking off the winter bitter cold by then. Do woman wear open toed shoes at this time for a night out at a club or dinner? Also, do woman go bare legged or do they usually wear hose/stockings? I assumed closed toes with hose/tights, but I would go without hose if I thought I could get away with it!! Thanks!




|||



If you have a tan and do not mind the cold you can go bare legged.



Open toes, sure if you have a driver drop you off at the door...




|||



Check the weather 5 days prior to departure and make the call then.




|||



Thanks! So, to confirm, you are saying it depends on the weather. I just wanted to make sure it was not out of place in late March to wear open toed shoes and go with bare legs in a skirt. It is officially spring on the 21st, so I will just hope for the spring weather and go for it.




|||



Since we%26#39;re on the topic of fashion, my husband would like to know what kind of hats Parisian men wear, especially in cool weather. I%26#39;m sure no one will ever mistake him for a Parisien, but he wants to fit in and not stick out like a tourist.




|||



Tell him not to wear a ball cap then :)! I I don%26#39;t know the age, but a beenie would be good for a younger man (pull on knit) and for the older gent. I saw a few wool %26quot;driving%26quot; caps. They are the kind that jet out just a little in front, and they often come down just enough to cover the ear. I am sure you may get some other answers from local Parisian men here on this board, IF they even come onto this thread!





PS- I realize I am the one asking the fashion question, but I have been to Paris several times.

No comments:

Post a Comment